12.27.2011

Monkeys!

This was such a fun project to work on! Since I don't usually draw monkeys I spent a little time sketching as many as I could.

I was trying to figure out their designs, different personalities and silhouettes. Throughout the book more & more monkeys show up, plus a gorilla, so it was challenging toward the end!

I also had this "brilliant" idea that I would have the background color intensify as the story progressed. (Otherwise it would have been the same jungle background in every single image, boring!) Here's a color script showing the background starting out blue, turning more yellow & green and finally orange with an explosion of color in the last frame of the story.

If you're interested you can take a look at the entire book
here.

1 comment:

Star Gazer said...

Wow, this is wonderful! :) You're so talented! I love how much personality you've captured.